People of Ramamurthy Nagar were longing for the service of the sisters of St. Anne's, Bangalore, especially to open an English Medium School since there was no school worth the name in the locality, to inculcate Christian values. One Mr. Munivenkatappa generously offered his vacant go-down opposite to ITI for running the School at nominal rent of Rs.150/-per month. Thus, was born St. Antony’s School in the year 1966 with Sr. Angela Mercy as the first Headmistress. The sisters used to stay at T.C Palaya and travelled daily to ITI to teach in the School.
The School was moved to the new building on 11th February1976. On August3, 1981 St. Antony’s Primary School was upgraded to High School. As per the request of the public, St. Anne’s PU College for girls was started in the year 1985.There was also great pressure from the parents of the students passed out from our institution to start a Degree college for the girls. Therefore, in the year 1991, a degree college was started in Kowdenahalli in Shanthi layout.
From the inception of the Holy Family Church, sisters of St. Anne’s are involved in all the activities of the Parish. Our main apostolates are education, healing ministry, and social work.
Empowered in a spirit of mysticism we, the Sisters of St. Anne’s, Bangalore shall launch out together into the deep as prophets of our time to promote, protect, and preserve life through our ministries for a total integration of humanity and eco-system, to live and proclaim the Kingdom values.
- To accompany our Formees, instilling in them the mystical values through assimilation of the Word of God and intimacy with Jesus in contemplation, to prepare them to be prophets of the time.
- To live in one mind and heart after the example of Jesus Christ the Mystic and Prophet, praying before the Eucharistic Lord in contemplation and in constant efforts for ascetic life, evangelical forgiveness and charity to build relationship with God, each other and nature as prophets of this Millennium.
- To be Mystics and Prophets of our time by actively participating in the life and mission of the local Church in our Pastoral care through direct evangelization and faith formation.
- To promote the values of Jesus Christ the Mystic and Prophet in our ministry through faith formation, eco-friendly and value based holistic education to become catalysts of Christ’s love.
- To involve ourselves as Prophets in Christ’s cherished mission of healing by becoming part of people’s struggle for justice and human dignity, empowering the vulnerable and the less privileged especially the women and the children to attain self-reliance and wholeness.
For more information contact
Rev. Sr. Sophy Joseph (+91-998628-7014)